The colour project. Blue



I have a fascination for women who dye their hair in a bright colour. So I started photographing this coloured hair and started my colour project, meaning that I link the particular hair colour with a plant in my garden. This time:

Blue.

On the hottest summer day of 2018 I see her on the edge of the fountain of hotel l'American. (Amsterdam) I am sitting in the tram, but don’t hesitate. I quickly leave the tram before she jumps into the water!

The blue haired is a cheerful young American woman. She wears John Lennon sunglasses and a wide, long skirt. It's a hippie. When I ask her if I may take a picture of the blue hair, her friends say teasingly and a little jealous 'Yo-yo .... You’re a model! '

Then I ask why she chose the blue colour. The answer is baffling as usual. She says, I actually wanted pink, but that colour was sold out. That's why I choose blue’.
I picture myself at the hairdresser's. ‘Is my blonde colour out of stock? No problem, dye it blue'.

I want to link the blue colour to a plant in my garden. That's difficult. Real blue is not very common in my garden. Finally I find the perfect match. The grape hyacinth. At the moment these spring flowers are for sale everywhere. But the forget-me-not is also eligible. A somewhat subtler blue colour. Soon my garden will be filled with the blue colour again.

Mission accomplished. Blue hair, grape hyacinth and forget-me-not.

This is the last post of the colour hair project. Made with SO MUCH pleasure. Thanks to all the participating women for the nice encounters, reactions and conversations.


Enjoy your week
Hetty
romantic rose garden
Muscari
Muscari
The colour project. Blue
Myosotis
Myosotis

The color project. Azure Blue

Comments