The colour project. Azure blue.

The colour project. Azure Blue
I have a fascination for women who dye their hair in a bright colour. I would like to photograph those coloured hairs, but I don’t dare asking. When I tell my hairdresser about this she says: "Nonsense, just ask Hetty! What do you have to lose?” So I began photographing this coloured hair and started my colour project, meaning that I link the particular hair colour with a plant in my garden.

Azure Blue.
The first woman I ask for my project is waiting at the wardrobe of the van Gogh museum (Amsterdam). I step out of the queue and ask her fearlessly: "I'm working on a project about coloured hair. May I take a photo?" She feels honoured and poses.

She appears to be an East-European woman, in her early 20’s. She has got some piercings in her face and looks a bit gothic. I compliment her with her extraordinary hair colour. It matches beautifully with her black clothes. "Why did you choose this particular colour?" I ask. She answers: "I just think it's a nice colour." I agree, it is beautiful. It just looks like the colours of a peacock.

Now it is up to me to find a plant in my garden in a matching colour. Difficult! I already regret my colour project. But in my garden grows a lot, even in this extraordinary colour.

The matching plant for this week colour project is Ampelopsis glandulosa. A climber that grows on my pergola. The plant is about 3 meters high. In autumn the azure blue berries appear. It is the perfect match!

Mission accomplished! Azure blue hair and the azure berries of Ampelopsis glandulosa.

Next month another woman and another colour! Thanks to my hairdresser S. who won me over.

Enjoy the summer
 Hetty!

The colour project. Azure Blue
The colour project. Azure Blue

New followers a warm welcome!

Comments

  1. Hetty, good for you! This is a project that I am interested to see evolve. Such fun! While I am a bit of a hair purist, and I have never colored my hair before, I have often thought that if I ever have white hair I might give it a try. Perhaps peacock blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every month I will give you inspiration for a bright hair colour! Wait and see....

      Delete
  2. What a lovely rich color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just ask. I think most people would be flattered!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment