The colour project. Lavender Blue.


The colour project. Lavender Blue.
The colour project. Lavender blue.

As I have mentioned before I have a fascination for women who dye their hair in a bright colour. So I started photographing this coloured hair and started my colour project, meaning that I link the particular hair colour with a plant in my garden. This time:

Lavender blue.

You never can tell where you will meet a woman with a special hair colour. The second woman for my series I meet at my brother's birthday! It is my niece H. She apologizes, because after three weeks the colour has already faded a little. She immediately sends me a picture, which was made the moment she left the hairdresser. Wow, long gorgeous lavender blue hair. I ask her why she chose this colour. "I have seen it on the Internet," she says, "I wanted something fun / crazy".

It is up to me to find a plant in this lavender colour. That is not difficult at all. The plant I choose for this week colour project is Geranium pratense 'Mrs Kendall Clark'. It is one of my favourite plants. The lavender blue colour of this geranium matches all the flowers in my garden. 'Mrs Kendall Clark' blooms in June and generously germinates afterwards.

But there is more. Delphinium 'Gletscherwasser' is also eligible. This plant is much more difficult to keep. A tall plant like this must be supported, otherwise it will fall over. Note: at the beginning of the growing season snails like to eat the plant. Pay attention, otherwise this beauty will quickly disappear. Two plants, two perfect matches!

Mission accomplished. Lavender blue hair and the lavender blue flowers of Geranium pratense 'Mrs Kendall Clark' and the Delphinium 'Gletscherwasser'.

Next month another woman and a different colour! Thanks to my niece H.
Enjoy your week.
Hetty!

Geranium 'Mrs. Kendall Clark'
Geranium 'Mrs. Kendall Clark'
The colour project. Lavender Blue.
Delphinium 'Gletchenwasser'
Delphinium 'Gletcherwasser'

Read previous post:


Comments

  1. I love this colour, I think it looks so beautiful

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hetty, did your niece have to bleach her hair white before the blue was applied? Or perhaps her hair is very fair already. I love your Gletcherwasser. Unfortunately, I have tried non-native delphinium varieties here, but none have survived. The Spanish ones are very bright purple, but I much prefer the more subtle blue hues like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair is very fair so I think not. But if you have plans....ask your hairdresser! Groetjes Hetty

      Delete

Post a Comment