The colour project. Apricot.

The colour project. Apricot hair
I have a fascination for women who dye their hair in a bright colour. So I started photographing this coloured hair and started my colour project, meaning that I link the particular hair colour with a plant in my garden. This time:

Apricot.
Suddenly she is walking in front of me in the Kalverstraat. (Amsterdam). She wears her apricot-coloured hair in a ponytail. When I approach her she turns out to be a Dutch woman. The first one! Of course she wants to pose. "Should I take out my hair tie for a moment?" Before I can reply she pulls off the hair tie. I take a picture and ask her why she chose this particular colour. She answers: "I already have had all the other colours". Routinely she puts her hair back into a ponytail again, wishes me success with my project and disappears into the crowd. Leaving me in confusion.

Apricot, I immediately think of my new rose 'Boscobel'. It is a David Austin rose that I have planted last year. The rose thrives and gives a lot of flowers. But also eligible  is the apricot-coloured Dahlia 'Jowey Linda'. A perfect match!

Mission accomplished. Apricot coloured hair, the rose 'Boscobel' and Dahlia 'Jowey Linda’.
Next month another woman with a different hair colour. Thanks to this Dutch woman.
Enjoy your week
Hetty

romantic rose garden
Rosa 'Boscobel'
Rosa 'Boscobel'
Apricot hair
Dahlia 'Jowey Linda'
Dahlia 'Jowey Linda'
New followers a warm welcome.

The color project. Azure Blue

Comments

  1. That dahlia is exquisite, Hetty! I tried a few dahlias years ago, but they do not grow well here at all. I'll just have to enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dahlia is a perfact match - the rose a little too pink. Now I will go back and look at all the other colours!
    LOVE/Susie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment