Where does this fascination for tulips come from?

tulips in the garden.
Last Thursday a German magazine interviewed me. I am waiting on the couch, for the telephone to ring.

This German magazine is not a Garden magazine, but a lifestyle magazine. The topic is: where does my fascination for tulips come from? Well, I have never thought about that question before, so indeed where does my tulip fascination come from .....

Actually it has always been there. I remember a photo of myself as a toddler; amongst the tulips my father grew. Probably the impressions from your childhood are decisive for the rest of your life. I loved the tulip fields. The bright colours as far as your eye could see. I was a child; so everything was endlessly far!

After the interview, I start searching in my old photo album and find the picture I had in mind. So probably this is where the tulip fascination started. In those days, a tulip was only a flower in my little hand.

Nowadays, the fascination for tulips has taken to a next level. I am inspired by the many colours. I fantasize how to mix those colours in my garden. How I can make a different spring garden year after year ...in bright colours ....... just for a couple of weeks…..

Oh, my fascinating tulips. Another few months of patience and they will flower again. cannot wait!

Have a nice week
Hetty


red tulips in the garden.

tulipa flaming purissima

white tulips in the garden.

bright tulips in the garden.




Comments