The colour project. Purple.

The colour project, purple hair
As I have mentioned before I have a fascination for women who dye their hair in a bright colour. So I started photographing this coloured hair and started my colour project, meaning that I link the particular hair colour with a plant in my garden. This time:

Purple.

She walks in front of me on the zebra crossing. Wow, purple! She looks stunned as I approach her. "I don’t know anyone in Amsterdam," she says. When I asked her why she chose this colour, she answers: "When you have reached the age of 60, it looks like you are disappearing in the background. For that reason I chose a bright hair colour to show that I am still there. So it is a statement ". Next follows an interesting conversation about getting older. Then she asks me what my project is about. She is the first! I explain my colour project and my garden blog.

Purple hair. I immediately think of lavender 'Hidcote'. That fits nicely with this English lady’s hair colour! It turns out to be exactly the right colour. The deep purple lavender scents like holidays in France and gives a lot of spice in the border. But Delphinium 'Grünberg' also has this deep purple colour. Two plants. The perfect match!

Mission accomplished. Thanks to this interesting English lady.
Enjoy your week
Hetty
Lavandula 'Hidcote'
Lavandula 'Hidcote'
The colour project, purple hairDelphinium 'Grunberg'
Delphinium 'Grunberg'

Comments

  1. Hetty, I love the bright tones in this delphinium! Although an odd delphinium sometimes pops up in my garden amongst plants my mother-in-law has given me, none of the prettier store-bought delphinium seeds I have planted have ever grown in my garden. NONE! From hundreds of seeds! Have you got any delphnium tricks, or do you just have special delphinium-growing powers? Magic dust, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment