DIY. Christmas arrangement from peony seedpods.


paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
Lovely isn’t it, this peony 'Jan van Leeuwen'. I took this picture last June. Alas as I look at my peony now, I only see a sad brown withered plant.

Peonies are susceptible to Botrytis, a fungal disease. That is why it is important to cut back all withered stems before winter. Going about this, I suddenly notice the beautiful peony seedpods. They could be useful for a Christmas arrangement .......

I find everything I need for my Christmas project in the barn. That is:
Oasis block
White spray paint
Artificial snow

How it’s been made:

Push the peony stems in the oasis block
Spray the seedpods white
Immediately dip the seedpods in the artificial snow
Ready!

No need to explain you too can make a beautiful Christmas arrangement with these white seedpods. Think of all the possibilities. In every garden is something to find. But remember, don’t forget to cut back your peonies!

Enjoy your week
Hetty
paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
June. Paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen' 
withered  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
Withered  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen' 
Cut back the stems of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
Cut back the stems of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen' 
Seedpods of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
 paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen' seedpods 
Seedpods of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen' ready to spray
Seedpods ready to spray 
White sprayed seedpods of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
White sprayed seedpods of paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'  
Christmas arrangement with white sprayed seedpods of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
Christmas arrangement ........ 
 white sprayed seedpods of  paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
......with white sprayed seedpods paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen' 


Comments

  1. Hetty, aren't you clever?! This is very pretty, and I especially love your white peonies with their yellow pom-pom.

    I have been wanting to try to make an arrangement with greenery and spray-painted seed pods, pinecones or berries, but I am just not in the Christmas spirit yet. It is beautifully warm and sunny here, and it is hard to believe that we are in the middle of December. Perhaps next week, when my eldest son comes home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment