The best of 2018.

romantic rose garden
Recently I had an - almost fatal - computer crash. Fortunately, the problem has been solved, but for a moment it seemed that I had lost all my photos. My optimistic side thought: nice and tidy. But my other – more realistic - side thought: Help, I have lost all my 27,000 garden photos! 

The computer now is working again, but I am warned person. So I have worked my way through the 2018 photos. Disposed of the bad photos; kept the good ones. The latter will soon have to move to the Cloud. Safe! 

The photos showed clearly, what I already knew. The year 2018 has been a year of extremes. It started with a mild winter. Next a severe frost period in March. Fortunately April was sunny and the tulips bloomed just in time to surprise the visitors who visited the open garden days. May was exactly as it should be: sunny with soft rain. June, how nicely the roses performed! It was not raining and they bloomed beautifully in the sunny conditions. And then came July and August; dry and blistering hot. The shrivelled garden turned into yellow. Finally in September it started raining and the garden turned green again. In the warm autumn days that followed the dahlias flourished endlessly. 

What a year! 2018 is over. I will show you the best photos I have found while tidying up my computer. 

Tomorrow it is January and a new garden year starts. I look forward to 2019. 

For all my loyal readers, I wish you a wonderful year.
Hetty
Helleborus in snow

tulip garden

tulip garden

tulip garden

Wisteria

romantic rose garden

romantic rose garden

romantic rose garden

Daucus carotta

dahlia in autumn garden





Comments

  1. Very beautiful Hetty! I wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 27,ooo photos?! Yes, I suppose I have that many, too. I have not tried using the cloud - I use an external hard drive instead.

    While I love that rose arch, my favorite photo has to be those enormous tulips with the perfectly clipped green grass - two thing that I cannot have here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment