Golden Yellow.


Autumn leaves
Finally it's getting colder. Autumn has truly arrived now. Last week, the leaves of the trees turned to golden yellow. It inspires me to place an autumn bouquet in my home.

At this time of year I like to buy chrysanthemums. For me chrysanthemums and autumn are closely connected. The colours yellow and rust brown appeal to me. As I arrange the flowers in a vase, my eye is attracted to the discoloured leaves of the peonies. Those leaves will do well with my chrysanthemums. Although the leaves are somewhat damaged, the colours are beautiful. And it does not always have to be perfect. I also find some golden yellow leaves from the Hosta. Without holes, the snails have not found them!

The work in the garden continues unabated. The last plants have been moved. It is warm enough to do so. Still I am busy planting all the flower bulbs. Each day I plant another part of the garden. Even if I do not feel like it! To motivate myself, I think about how beautiful it will be next spring.

Yet another 250 tulips to go. I have almost reached the finish line!
Autumn leaves
Peony leaves
Autumn leaves Hosta
Yellow Hosta leaves
Autumn leaves hosta
 Hosta autumn leaves
Autumn leaves

Finally I end this, in my opinion, slightly melancholic autumn post with a Haiko*. I made the picture below in Amsterdam and it inspired me to write the following.
*Haiko is a poem of three lines.
Amsterdam Autumn leaves

Quiet water
leaves float past motionless houses
Autumn confetti.

Have a nice week!
Hetty

Comments

  1. Hetty! Another 250 tulip bulbs? I can't wait to see them all blooming in your garden. I have exactly zero tulips in my garden, which is sad because they were actually my favorite flower before I moved to Spain.

    Love the photo of the reflection!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment