Keep your head up!


Last week I worked really hard. The garden will open on Friday and Saturday, so everything has to be “tip top”.

To be sure I don’t forget anything I make a To-do list:

Weeding the paths
Mowing the lawn,
Cutting the hedge,
Cut fading daffodils,
Deadheading tulips,
Cleaning the barn,
Sweeping,
Clean up,
Clean up,
CLEAN UP!

Because of this I simply forget to enjoy my beautiful pink tulip border. The heck with all this cleaning I think, throwing the tools aside. I look up to the sky and only now I see the plum tree is already blossoming. The delicate white blossoms seem to float above the pink tulips.

This year I have made a combination of Tulip 'Flaming Purissima' together with T. 'Pink Emperor'. They are flowering at the same time, so that's fine, but I thought this tulip would be more 'pink'. In my view, it is a bit too red. A friend who comes by says: “This red looks just fine. It is deliciously spicy!”

I kneel down between the tulips and make a large series of photos. They are beautiful in the evening light. Despite the – red - pink tulips I am satisfied with the result.

A few more days and the garden will be open. And as every year I ponder: would anyone come to visit the garden?

Come on Hetty, keep your head up!



The garden is opened to the public April 22 and 23 see link below




Plum blossom seem to float above the pink tulips


Pure white!


Close up.


I kneel down between the tulips....


... look at them!


What do you think about the "pink/red"tulips? 


Tulipa 'Flaming Purissima'


It is one of my favorites!

New followers a warm welcome.

I link up with:



Comments

  1. beautifulpictures from pretty flowers.
    best
    susa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the garden opening and may the sun shine for you and all your visitors. And the tulips look beautiful especially with the plum blossom.
    Enjoy your garden
    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hetty, first of all I wish you all the best for your Open Garden this weekend! You must be so excited! I think it is very nice that you open your lovely garden to the public to share its beauty and bring joy to other people as well.
    I love your photos in this post! The white flowering plum tree is so pretty! Regarding the pink and red tulips: Generally I would say that is a combination that is a "bit much" for me personally, but looking at your photos it somehow seems to work. Maybe your friend is just right with her comment that is looks "deliciously spicy".
    Please post photos from other parts of your garden, I would so love to see more!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you haven't time to enjoy it yourself! The visitors should know how much work it is...
    The tulips are wonderful! Would love to come myself :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look very lively, Hetty! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment