Gnome Joop is back!


Hello, as you may know I'm gnome Joop. I live in this garden for years. I like to observe this garden women. So I am able to share a different side of her character with you all.


Last week I heard she will be going to England shortly. She wants to see rhododendrons and bluebells. Why I ask myself? She has plenty of bluebells in her own garden. Complete nonsense, driving such a long way to see the same thing.


She called me. "Joop, please come and take a look. You can help me with my potager." POTAGER? To me this is an ordinary vegetable garden! What is the meaning of using a French word? Is it more posh? I'm sure her French followers will be laughing their ……off.


Anyway, I walk over and to my astonishment I see she has pulled out all the remaining tulips. Ridiculous of course! At first she is happy that the tulips are blooming and the next moment she takes them all out. "I am going to put these tulips in a vase" she says, when I ask her why she does this. Seems not logically to me (?!?)


"Joop, when I'm in England, can you please finish those other two parts of my potager? I don’t have time for these and the beans should be planted by now. Just put the poles in the ground and tie them firmly together on top. After that, plant the beans and do not forget to water them."


And off she is. But those poles are sky high! She must be thinking I'm a mountaineer!


Why is she leaving in the first place? The garden is at its best now.






Today I expect her back. Of course I could not be bothered with all her ideas so I have done none of the jobs she asked me to do. That's why I will hide quickly behind the Geraniums. By the time she finds me - impatient as she is - she probably will have planted the vegetable garden by herself.

POTAGER! It could not be more bizarre!


All new followers a warm welcome.


Comments

  1. Hetty, What a fun post! Now I know how you manage to keep your garden looking so lovely - you have Joop to help you! I am always so envious of you northern gardeners with your lush green grass, but here it just isn't possible. Enjoy your beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment