Return from the holiday.

My husband and I have just returned from our holiday in Italy. We have spent a wonderful time in Tuscany. Because the weather was hot, we were extremely lazy. So I had lots of time to think things over and get fresh new ideas for my garden. 

Once returned home I started gardening right away. One of the things I had decided upon during my vacation, was to cut down a large hedge. This one hedge is about 1.50m high and blocks all the light in this particular part of the garden. As you will all know, the best time to cut down a hedge is spring. But after spending weeks lazing out in the sun I was full of energy. Why wait until next spring? I simply had to start right away!

Some hours later all that was left of the hedge were little stumps.


And what does it look like, you might ask? Well, I am satisfied, but my daughters after I sent them a picture, were a little ambiguous. “Are you in shock?” I asked, “Yes, a little,” my eldest daughter said and the youngest said: “Wauw Mam, I am curious how it looks in reality”.

Well that is what happens to a garden woman after a lazy holiday time. She is unstoppable.

And for the hedge; there is no way back!

                                           info about the garden click here:


Some holiday impressions:
Mediterranean sea. 
Lemons in odd shapes.

They make a nice drink of lemons!

Bright colours.

These plants grow outside!

Oleander everywhere.

Look at that colour

After long searching we found a fishing boat.

Love this cork oak.

Very old olive tree.

Nicest tent I have ever seen.

And caravan!


At home again. I start to work in the garden. 



The hedge before.

I started right away cutting it down.

Ready! I like the space.

Comments