Autumn , the last blooming roses .



Here on the coast, the wind is blowing like crazy. Spicy showers are being followed by bright spells of sun. I am working as hard as I can, to get my thousands of flowerbulbs in the ground. Occasionally I run inside to hide from the showers.

The last roses that are blooming can not hide. These are at the mercy of the elements. I stop planting bulbs to take pictures of the roses. After all, there is a season to everything.

In the front yard yellow roses are still flowering. They thrive best because these get the most sunlight. However, these are exposed to the stormy wind too. I have decided to cut these off as well and put them in a vase. Once in the room immediately there is a smell of summer sweetness.

In another part of the garden some white roses still bloom. Rosa ' Yvonne Rabier ' blooms generous all summer with small bunches of flowers. Also whit white flowers, rosa 'Maria Mathilda . I 'm not a big fan of her. Why ? She blooms only occasionally and with a small amount of flowers, at least in my garden.

Rosa ' Bonica ' flourishes in pink. Nonetheless the strong wind, I have managed to take a sharp picture of this rose. Furthermore blossoms rosa ' Tapis Volant '. I have planted this single rose last year and it is doing fine. In the end I also found a flower on the old-fashioned rose 'Blush Noisette  . Very touching that delicate pink.

End of October. The rose season ends at the dawn of the storm.

Luckily, we still got the pictures!
       
        Open garden days, click here


The last roses of the season

Rosa ' The Pilgrim',  R. 'Golden Border' and R. 'Windrush'

Rosa 'Yvonne Rabier'

Rosa 'Maria Mathilda'

Rosa 'Bonica'

Rosa 'Tapis Volant'

Rosa 'Blush Noisette'
 

          

Comments