GBBD October. A stroll through the garden.

 pink roses
All seems quiet in the garden, leaves are falling, the sunlight is softer; you feel autumn is coming. But nonetheless, there is plenty of activity in my garden.

During the gardening season I write down the things that I do not like in my little notebook. So you won’t forget! Now it's time to take action and make the necessary changes. The tall grasses are ready to move to my daughter's garden. The Knotweed (Persicaria amplexicaulis) that wanted to take over the entire garden is cut in half, new plants are ordered and planted. I want to finish all these changes before the flower bulbs arrive.

During these activities I still enjoy the flowers in the garden. Dahlias, roses, zinnias, they all bloom abundantly. It seems like they want to keep the summer a little longer for me. I pick generous bouquets from the garden. Bouquets in warm autumn colours.

Autumn, I‘ll have to face it, but I don’t want to think about it yet!

Happy Garden Bloggers Blooms Day!
Hetty
bouquet with pink roses

dahlia 'Creme de Cassis'

Rose boscobel

late summer garden

White climbing roses

Anemone Japonica
 rose The Lady Gardener

Zinnia



Comments

  1. Hetty, your vase looks spectacular! What are those spikey long red flowers that look like little brushes? Those are very interesting. And, is that apricot rose Crown Princess Margareta? What a lovely color.

    Since you mentioned buying bulbs, I was wondering where you buy your iris germánica? Here, they are very diffcult to find, so I placed two orders with Cayeax in the past, but now they have raised their shipping price to €15, which is very expensive for us with our little Spanish salaries.

    Enjoy your flowers! Saludos,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are beautiful! We don't grow any, but I do enjoy them when I get to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower arrangement! I like your idea of writing down things you don't like. I want to start keeping a gardening journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel sad when i see beautiful flowers and plants in temperate country blogs, but thinking they will be immediately affected by the incoming frost. At least here with us the annuals still continue growing, just be affected by the hot sun during the dry season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots of some beautiful flowers ...Roses are treat to eyes whenever they are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment